Aug 10, 2014

Sunday Mishmash: What I Wore + Answer Me This!

I think Sundays are becoming my favorite day of the week. Lately, ours have included going to mass and being lazy bums. I'd say that always sounds pretty perfect :)

Yesterday we drove to Homestead Heritage in Waco to meet my parents for lunch. According to my mom, it had been 6 whole weeks since we last saw them. Not okay. I went to Cafe Homestead for the first time with one of my best friends when she graduated from Baylor in May. From my understanding, they make and grow everything there from scratch. And you can tell! We walked around a little and got to see their pottery studio and gristmill. Their grounds are gorgeous and I'm sure are a lot more enjoyable when it's not the dog days of summer ;)
Today we went to mass and then a permanent parishioners brunch. Our church is actually a campus ministry so the ratio of college students to permanent parishioners is a little high. We're hoping to get a little more involved this year and it sounds like there are some exciting things planned for everyone. And brunch. Brunch was awesome. Where else can you get a plate full of breakfast tacos, muffins, and deviled eggs all in one place?
27 Week Bump Shot!

Top -- Target Maternity via thredUP
Belt -- Forever 21
Jeans -- Target Maternity
Sandals -- Old Navy

I decided it was about time I linked up for Kendra's Answer Me This questionnaire. I love reading everyone's responses!

1. What do you still want to do this summer?
This is a hard one for me because...I'm kind of over summer. I was over it before it even began. Just call me a Summer Grinch. If Texas got hit with a sudden cold spell (HAH! yeah right!) tomorrow and I had to start wearing leggings and drinking hot chocolate, I'd be okay with that. Pregnancy + 100 degree weather = me being a complete grump unless I'm in a freezing cold building.

2. What's your favorite kind of pie?
I don't know if this counts, but I've been going crazy over peach cobbler this summer. It's definitely a weird craving because I'm not usually this into cobbler/pie. A close second would be peanut butter and chocolate pie, though ;)

3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?
My sleep schedule is so messed up that I'm not even really sure what I benefit most from. I'd say an average of 8 hours, which I usually kind of sort of get...however, those 8 hours are interrupted with lots of waking up from tossing and turning and getting up to go to the bathroom.

Naps are good.

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?
I'm weird about pools of water. It kind of freaks me out if they aren't on the clear side, and it kind of freaks me out if I don't know what my feet are touching on the bottom. On the flip side, public pools really gross me out. So maybe the pool of a family member or friend :) But I do love going to the ocean...it's just been awhile!

5. Do you know any poems by heart?
I can't say that I do. I was never much into poetry but it's something I'd like to learn more about/read more of at some point!

6. Do you use the public library?
Yes! My mom's a librarian and really encouraged us to take full advantage of them. Because of that, I always check the library first to see if they have a book I want to read before buying it and even if they don't...I'm reluctant to buy books.

Off to polish off another blog post that'll go up soon. See you cool cats later!

No comments:

Post a Comment