Aug 10, 2014

Weekly Goals; August 11-17

I'm a chronic list maker. I love writing down to-dos on paper, on my phone, on my Macbook stickies. The problem is that I'm not one of those people that lives to check things off her to-do list. I kind of just write lists to get it all out of my head, and then they get buried away and I don't really refer back to them.

Not very productive.

I've been intrigued by the idea of Bullet Journaling for the past few months. I've tried (and failed) at keeping one in a plain notebook. Recently though, I saw a set of cute little pink Moleskine-esque journals with the grid pages recommended for this type of journaling. They were on super sale at Barnes and Noble, so I picked them up in hopes they'd reignite that bullet journaling inspiration.

(They haven't yet.)

Life's about to get crazy. The rest of August brings a hectic work schedule for Landon, out of town visitors staying in our barely unpacked house, the start of football season, and the beginning of my third trimester. Whew. I got exhausted just typing that.

In my continuous effort to find a better way to set goals and plan, I decided now might be a good time to try setting some realistic goals on this little blog and to recap how they go the next week. I'm choosing to ignore the people who think telling others your goals doesn't really help and actually makes it harder to stick to them.

This week, I'm going to pick a goal or two from a few different categories. These could be daily things I want to accomplish/add to my routine or just one off things that need to be checked off my to-do list...which I plan on keeping with bullet journaling in my pretty new notebook. Hopefully this will be a thing until the little one pops out in November. But! It might not work for me, and that's okay too. Here's round one...

General
-Keep up with bullet journaling throughout the week
-Publish 3 blog posts

Faith
-Daily prayers with Landon
-Read the Daily Readings

Creative
-Sew 2 things
-Paint for fun

Pregnancy
-Exercise daily
-Finish 1 pregnancy book
-Research safest/best cribs, bassinets, car seats, strollers, cloth diapers

Home
-Organize/decorate guest room
-Stick to daily cleaning schedule

How do you go about making sure you achieve your goals? Let me know what works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment