Aug 22, 2014

Dreaming of Fall

Just call me Mrs. Grinch, but I have been loathing summer this year. It's just not the same when you're pregnant, don't have access to a pool anymore, and can't be sipping on margaritas. Unfortunately for me, summer in Texas usually lasts a few more months. That won't stop me from dreaming about fall, though!

Here's what I'm most looking forward to about my favorite season.

-1-
Cooler weather.
Guys, I am struggling this summer here in Texas. And it hasn't even been a bad one! We've only seen 100 degrees a few times! I'm blaming pregnancy for feeling overheated 24/7. I just can't even deal. I'm so sick of it that I've taken to remaining in the house from lunch until after dinner so that I don't have to get in a hot car and be tempted to turn up the A/C to full blast. I made dinner in the crockpot the other night in hopes that I wouldn't be sweating by the time we sat down to eat. Wrong!

I miss not sweating.

Yeah, BYE.

-2-
Cool weather clothes.
I'm a big fan of boots + leggings + tunics + sweaters. I love feeling cozy and comfortable; layering is my favorite. I'm looking forward to long pants now more than ever since shaving my legs is becoming a progressively more tedious task.

Not sure how these would look 30-40 weeks pregnant butttt, loving these outfits hard.
{1 // 2 (Pinterest dead end) // 3}

-3-
Fall foods.
Butternut squash everything. Oven baked goodness. Apples and pumpkins. Comfort foods. These are my jam. I almost bought a pumpkin pie this week at the grocery store but had to stop myself. Speaking of pumpkin...

-4-
Pumpkin spice lattes.
I KNOW. I know. Everyone and their 2 year old daughter and their grandmother loves the much adored and unhealthy fall drink. But there's a reason everyone loves it! I'm not loyal to any particular coffee shop and even love to make my own at home. Again, I'll probably have to restrain myself from buying one as soon as they're released because I don't want to experience the first sip of "fall" while sweating it out in the dog days of summer. And having it iced it just NOT the same.


-5-
Football season.
There's something so wonderful about the football weekends of fall. For us, it's all about the Aggies, and we always at least have the NFL games on in the background on Sundays. There's just something so relaxing to me about having football on at all times, even if it's a game I'm not particularly interested in. Our new house is pretty close to one of the local high schools, too, so I think we'll try to make it to one of their games this year. (Since I went to high school in Connecticut, I have yet to experience a Texas high school football game. For shame!)

Truth. {Source}
-6-
Getting outside.
Exercising outdoors is just about a billion times more enjoyable when it's cool outside, no? I've been trying to walk when I first wake up or right before the sun sets but, you guessed it, it's hella hot and humid out at both of those times.

-7-
The arrival of Zoe.
I had to throw that one in there. I can't believe we'll be meeting our baby girl in a few short months!

Linking up over at Conversion Diary for this week's 7 Quick Takes! Be sure to go check out everyone else's :)

What are you looking forward to most about fall? Or are you praying for a long summer (bite your tongue!)?

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm Pumpkin Spice, leggings, tunics, cooler AIR. All of the above. After 5 days of 90* and no AC in the house, I'm done. DONE. And Zoe! What a sweet name. :) PS. DOES it actually cool off in Texas ever? I've always been under the impression that it's perpetually 100*

    ReplyDelete