Jul 19, 2014

A Big Birthday, #Normcore, and EDEL! (7QT)

SaturHEY! Looking forward to what will hopefully be a lazy and relaxing weekend. We've got big plans to possibly catch a movie and make some slow cooker tortilla soup ;) What will you be up to?

Linking up over at Conversion Diary for some 7 Quick Takes!

1. It was my Poppi's 90th birthday yesterday! He doesn't know about this little blog or anything, but I'm just so excited and happy for him that I have to share with everyone. My whole family is in upstate New York celebrating with him and my Nanni and I couldn't be more jealous. They've been married and living in the same house for something crazy like 60+ years. I hope I'm that much of a rock star later on in life!
{They have the most magnets I've ever seen. Forever obsessed with their fridge.}

2. I wrote 2 blog posts this week and published 0 of them. Honestly I think my problem is that I just don't even know what photos to add to posts half the time and pictures are important. Going to be changing that and publishing them soon!

3. I did a bit of shopping this week and finally got my hands on some normcore/Birkenstock-esque sandals. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea but I love them and practically they're going to work for the next few months of pregnancy. I had to stop myself from getting these babies at Target yesterday (they were less than $10!) but I love the treading so much and might have to go back.

4. Speaking of shopping, I also picked up the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. Holy bananas, if you're a fan of brow products this stuff is incredible. They came out with some new shades recently and medium brown matches my brows perfectly.
{Can it just be fall already so I can wear heavy eye makeup without looking cray?}

5. L and I finished season 1 of Friday Night Lights and are of course starting on season 2. We heard it's the worst out of all of them. Have you seen it? What are your thoughts? Texas forever, y'all.

6. I'm so thankful for blogging moms who have written about their pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum experiences. Everyone's experience is so unique, yes, but I feel like it's so helpful and generous of you all to share these things with the whole internet.

7. It's one week until Edel! I'm so excited but also a little nervous. I know all that nervousness is silly though because everyone going seems so sweet online and I'm sure they're even more so in real life. I'm also just so excited to be in downtown Austin! Our honeymoon was a sort of staycation there because we love it so much. I'm hoping Landon and I can go here on Sunday. Best. Mexican. EVER.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! Been meaning to write forever and tell you that I TOO have been running the Friday Night Lights marathon, though now I'm just down to the last three episodes of season 5. I realized this week that I could have gone to see the Austin filming sights for it during Edel--pleeeeease tell me you did!! :)

    ReplyDelete