Jul 12, 2014

7QT: Pictureless

Happy weekend, friends! It sort of hit me this week that I quit my last job 7 months ago. I've had a job (minus my freshmen year of college abroad) since I was 15 or 16 so that number just sounds crazy. What's even crazier is that the weeks seem to fly by-- I thought it would be a challenge to fill my time with different things but that has not been the case.

I've got a lot to say this week for my 7 Quick Takes! Linking up with lots of lovelies over at Conversion Diary :)

1. I found Kara's blog through Haley's blog last week after catching up on my Bloglovin' and I was completely in awe over her Daily Mini Goals post. I've never been one for much structure in my daily life so I figured it might be a fun little experiment to adjust the schedule she shared to fit my own day and give it a try. It's been a lot harder than I thought to get into a routine and actually accomplishing everything, so I've been following it loosely (usually sticking to the morning parts but not so much the afternoon parts)...but I kind of love it. The crazy thing is that Kara has even MORE things scheduled daily that have to do with her kids. How does she do it?! I don't know, but it's an inspiration.

2. I kind of had a mid-pregnancy freak out last night. Why haven't I read a book (or 5) on breastfeeding? Why haven't I started researching car seats and strollers? Why haven't I chosen a theme for her nursery? Why am I still eating like I was during the first few months (carbs and junk and whatever the heck I craved) instead of healthier foods my stomach can handle now?  I'm sure these thoughts are normal, and now I'm just trying to constructively figure out how to make the next 17ish weeks successful. I feel like I'm not usually so hard on myself, however I think that's just because this time I'm in charge (or can be in charge of) so much...including a fully dependent human. 

3. I think I'm in a major cooking rut. I've always loved cooking and trying out new recipes, but lately I just want easy and out of a box. Yikes. Even though it's summer, perhaps some good slow cooker recipes would be a start? Do you have any simple go-to recipes, slow cooker or otherwise?

4. This week was full of lots of girl time and catching up with friends. I thought it would be hard to make the transition from college life to adult life in the same town we went to college in. It might have been a little at first but that's no longer the case. I'm starting to feel like I have a place in this community as a young adult.

5. Our house is still far from fully unpacked/decorated. It makes me wonder that if I didn't know any better (what was in those boxes) if I'd even miss it all? It's so hard to let go of things because of all those "what if" scenarios, but the fact is this house is smaller and I would rather not be living amidst clutter. And this is pre-baby clutter; I'm sure it'll just get worse when there's baby clothes, diapers, toys, and gadgets everywhere!

6. I broke out the old sewing machine earlier this week for the first time in years. I sewed a lot in high school and missed it as soon as I started going through old fabric and patterns a few months ago at my parents' house. I went to go sew a zipper pouch for my first little project and couldn't find the plain old presser (zig zag? I don't know all this lingo anymore) foot that came with my machine. I was all ready to go buy a new one at a sewing store in town but when I called, I learned it wasn't an actual store but a phone line for a mail order company. Grr! Anyways, I found a better deal on good old Amazon instead and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have lofty goals of making lots of clothes and accessories for the baby as well as some Christmas gifts for family in advanced. We'll see ;)

7. This song by the Griswolds has been stuck in my head all. week. LONG. It's one of those weird songs that has an awesome beat but is actually kind of a downer?....I don't know. I'm sure that doesn't make it sound all that great. You'll just have to give it a listen! But don't listen to it with the kids around (there's some swearing).

Hope y'all are enjoying some quality summer weekend time!

No comments:

Post a Comment