Jun 12, 2014

Recent Makeup Regrets

I think it's pretty obvious by now that I'm a sheep when it comes to makeup. I trust the opinions of bloggers and YouTubers -- I'm pretty easily swayed to stay away from something if they say it's no good. However, some of my favorite reviewers have raved about these products, so you can imagine my disappointment when they just didn't work right for me.

As a disclaimer if you're someone who is also easily swayed by reviews, these didn't work for me. If you already own them and you love them, great! I'm jelly. I wish I liked them, I really do. The great thing about makeup nowadays is that you can return it to nearly any store. I know CVS has a great return policy where you can take back makeup even if you've tried it once (good for testing out foundation/concealer shades). Most stores have adopted similar policies. The only reason I didn't take these products back is because I wanted to give them a few more chances :)


1. Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Shadow Primer
People swore this was a dupe for the NARS Eye Shadow Primer. LIES. It's awful and didn't do a darn thing to intensify my eyeshadow color or keep it on longer without creasing.

2. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
No matter what I did, this stuff never sat right on my skin. It also oxidized like crazy and left me looking hella orange. I thought it was going to be a super light finish as I prefer with foundation, but alas.

3. Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in The Naked Truth
Wet n' Wild does some great eyeshadow. Seriously! I didn't believe it but from what I heard they reformulated a bunch of their products a few years ago. This palette, however, is awful. The colors lack the pigmentation that can be found in their singles and trios. Bummer too since it's those neutral colors I love so darn much.

4. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
Again, a product that makes me look super orange. Maybe I just have a weird skin tone that makes ALL makeup look orange on me? Anyways. Not a fan.

5. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara (Waterpoof)
Sigh. I actually bought this for my wedding day. I hate waterproof mascara because it's so hard to remove, but you gotta have it for your wedding! My makeup artist did a good job making it work, but when I tried it days later, it made my lashes look so spidery and awful. I think the formula is too wet for my liking?

Do you have any products you would absolutely not recommend to anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment