Jun 12, 2014

Bump Day: It's Officially Real!

I'm going to keep this as short and as sweet as possible because we're moving in just a few days and our apartment is far from packed. Yikes!


This morning I woke up super early, downed a Camelback and a half of water, and drove to the hospital with Landon for our big 18 week ultrasound. Let me say once again how thrilled I am with the decision we made to switch doctors and hospitals. Everyone is so darn friendly... even at 7 AM! I got checked in with a fancy hospital bracelet and then it was off to get the ultrasound.

Every ultrasound thus far has just been so surreal. Do they ever get old as you have more kids? It's so easy to forget there's a little human growing inside of me until I see it on the screen. The first thing I noticed this time around was the baby's spine. Where did that thing come from?! The next thing we were shown was the baby's face, head on. I felt so bad thinking this but man, it looked kind of scary at this point! Very skeletal, as the technician pointed out, and it reminded me of something out of a horror movie. But as soon as we saw the profile view with the little nose and mouth, I felt better.

Baby F was not being very cooperative, to say the least. He/she was rolling all around and made it pretty difficult for us to see much. I appreciate the CD of photos we got but I can tell you right now I won't be able to make out much without someone pointing it out to me.

Our technician gave her best guess of the gender -- again, the baby was not being cooperative here. But she seemed to know what she was talking about so we decided to go with it! If he/she ends up being the opposite gender when he/she is born, it'll be a surprise but not a bad one in the slightest. I can't believe we finally know! We're telling our families this evening and then we'll be telling friends soon after. Since this morning we've already narrowed our name list down even further which is another thing that's making this all the more real.

Here's the Week 18 bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment