Mar 1, 2014

Seven Quick Takes #3

There I was trying to be productive on Friday morning, prepping this post so it could go up by the evening. Little did I know God would be throwing a curveball our way, though! Here is a belated 7 Quick Takes in all its glory ;)



1. {Saturday edit: To go along with above...} Welp, there's a lot of big decision making going on in our lives right now and it would mean the world to me if you could shoot up a little prayer for us. I've always been pretty good at making decisions when it was just me myself and I, but making sure we choose something that's best for the both of us? That's hard stuff. Being an adult is hard.

2. It's Friday Saturday of Awakening!!! All of you who have been on an Awakening retreat before know what that means. It's not my first one not to go to, but one of my very best friends is going this weekend AND it's our 100th Awakening! No big deal. Not at all. Anyways, we'll be offering up plenty of prayers this weekend for both student retreaters as well as Awakening alumni that are headed to a little retreat of their own. They're broadcasting some of it live via the radio and online, so if you're a Catholic Aggie be sure to check it out. Whoop!


3. Scandal came back on television Thursday night! I was a little late to the party, marathoning it from start to finish during December. But it's just as good as ever; there's something about Olivia Pope's can do attitude that makes me feel like I can take on anything the day throws at me. And her coats...where does she keep them all? Coats are bulky and since she wears a new one practically every episode she would need a coat room in her apartment just for all of them.

4. All of the herbs I planted on our balcony are growing! So far there is basil, cilantro, parsley, and thyme. I caved and bought a pre-grown mint plant because it's a weekly staple in our house for both alcohol/sugar free "mojitos" for myself during this detox and for the good kind of mojito for my husband.


5. We started looking at hotels and flights to New York for Christmas and although it's still a dream, nothing set in stone, I'm praying we get to go. I got to enjoy 2 Christmas seasons in Manhattan while going to school there and I miss it so much. Christmas is a special time for us -- we got engaged a few days before Christmas (along with half the married population, I'm sure). I hope this trip works out!

6. Free samples. I have become that person that signs her name away for receiving any sort of free sample I might actually use in the mail. That's probably not the best thing to do, but it's SO FUN receiving mail! This week I got some latte/creamer packs for my coffee, 5 coupons for a free Snickers bar, and a trial of chewy vitamins. My favorite website for this sort of info is Hip2Save.com. It seems to be the least scammy and it also teaches you all about how to use coupons! When I found it a few months ago, I became really obsessed with using coupons for a hot minute but then my {ancient} MacBook and my husband's Linux computer wouldn't allow the coupon printing software to be installed so I gave up. If you have a non-ancient Mac or Windows operating system, though, you better be printing coupons. There are *so* many good ones out there on healthy products, too! Oh and Ibotta and Checkout51 are some super cool apps where you receive cash back for your purchases, including things that aren't brand-specific like milk, eggs, broccoli, carrots...it's pretty darn neat.

7. I've really been enjoying Jen's challenge to write 7 posts in 7 days this week! Even though I didn't post yesterday, I'll be writing another post today and the next few days and that counts...right? It doesn't have to be 1 a day for 7 days? Am I looking for loopholes? Anyways, it's been great reading everyone's blog posts!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your herbs are too cute! It looks like your balcony is very similar to ours... Except that mine is covered in a foot of snow and ice. But suddenly I find myself craving a mint plant in my presence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to check out the Novena of Grace challenge! It starts this Wednesday and lasts for 9 days. While you can't be in Portland {Boo!} doing this, everything will be uploaded online for at home meditation!

    http://www.novenaofgrace.com/participate/

    ReplyDelete