Feb 21, 2014

Faith Chat Fridays #4

Don't you love it when someone breaks something down for you to the absolute simplest level and you can only think "why the heck didn't I look at it that way?"

{No source; from this link}

That's what happened to me a few days ago in confession. The priest I was with really encouraged living life as it comes. He explained how everyone we see or speak to in a day are the people God wants us to encounter on that particular day. God gives us all of the tools to love one another in different ways throughout the day.

We are exactly where God wants us to be.

If I had a penny for every time I've heard that phrase, but not actually considered it. Whenever the going gets tough, I can't help but think that God has made a mistake or more realistically, that I have made a mistake. What could I have done differently? Why am I feeling this way?

To really sit down and accept that phrase is so reassuring. It's pretty incredible to think that there is literally a reason for everything that happens to us, even if that reason is seemingly minute here on earth.

Father encouraged me to do what is best each day. Not what is best for tomorrow. Not what is best for 5 years from now, but to take each day as it comes and seize it as we are alive that day for a reason. It is all in God's design! How comforting is that?!

As someone who has really struggled these past few months to hear God, this little talk helped immensely.

What encourages you to take each day as it comes, and not live in the past or future? 

No comments:

Post a Comment