Apr 14, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination: Question Time!

Last week, my favorite Canadian Alysha over at Love, Alysha tagged me and some other great bloggers for a Liebster Award! How fun!

I had seen this tag floating around the blogosphere and it looked like a fun one. I can answer questions all day long ;)

The rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the questions given to you.
3. You must pick ten bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create ten questions for your nominees.
5. You most notify the nominees.

Here are my answers for the questions asked by Alysha:

1. What is the best recipe you've ever found online?
This is a super hard one for me because right now I'm having major food aversions and can't even think of some of my favorite foods without feeling nauseous. SO instead I'll tell you my favorite recipe I've found online that I'm looking forward to making on Easter morning: monkey bread! I can't believe it took me 23 years to try this stuff. We had it on Christmas morning and fell in love. If you haven't made it before I *highly* recommend you try it out for a special occasion.

2. The first blog you ever started following?
This is hard one! I remember starting to read a TON of fashion blogs back in high school when I was planning on going to school for fashion design, but I don't remember the first one I ever started reading! One of them for sure was The Coveted, written by the lovely Jennine. I had the pleasure of attending a little blogger meet-up organized by her back when I lived in New York City and she was just the sweetest. She recently started blogging again after giving birth to a precious baby boy!
{Dug up from an old blog; me on the left, Jennine on the right}

3. Something you always carry with you?
My phone. Laaaaame answer, but true. Even if I'm going to get ice cream with my husband and I'm not driving, I'll grab my phone and nothing else.

4. What gets your motivated to work out?
Recently...not much! But I blame the first trimester for that ;) Usually it's the Tone It Up community. I have a separate Instagram account for "checking in" with other Tone It Up girls and sharing my meals and workouts. Everyone is so kind and real. You won't find any "look at me, I lost 10 pounds in a week by eating these bars and nothing else!" in the community. It's all about real food and hard work. I love that!

5. Who is your favorite person to follow on Instagram?
I'll give you three favorites: Camp_Patton because Grace is forever my blogger crush and her family is just perfect, Christinalifts (on my Tone It Up account) because she is a beast and I dream of working my butt off post partum to get muscles like hers, and fareisle for mega living/gardening/color/food inspiration.

6. Are you a procrastinator?
Uh. YEAH. It's bad. I've gotten slightly better over time but not really.

7. Do you have a favorite bar or on the go snack?
I love Quest Bars, Lara Bars, and Luna Bars. Oh, and Think Thin Bars. Those are practically chocolate bars though!
8. Your favorite book or magazine?
I'm trying so hard to get back into reading but it's not going so well. Yet. So I'll give you my favorite magazine for now :) Real Simple all the way! It's one that I can read from cover to cover. Some might argue it's totally a mom magazine so I guess I've just been a mom-in-training for a few years now.

9. What's your favorite song right now?
This is kind of funny but I have become obsessed with Miranda Sings on YouTube. Miranda is a character of an actress named Colleen; she (Miranda) wears horrible lipstick, dresses in oversized men's clothing, and is the "best" singer/actress/magician/dancer out there. When I first saw her videos I didn't get it and I thought it was pretty weird (it is). But I tried watching some of her "covers" again recently and now I think her channel is one of the funniest things out there. Long story short, her rendition of Timber and Dark Horse have been stuck in my head recently.
10. What do you love most about the blogging community?
I'd say the honesty. Bloggers choose to share so much of their lives and I like to think that they all help others by doing this. It's quite lovely!

I nominate these lovely ladies for a Liebster Award:
- Meredith at Martha Chartreuse
- Carolyn at Svellerella
- Grace at Camp Patton
- Mary at Domestic Apologist
- Erika at Stethoscopes, Style, & Grace
- Britt at The Fisk Files
- Kate at The Rhodes Log
- Kathryn at Team Whitaker

And here are your 10 questions!

1. Describe your ideal Friday night.
2. Chocolate, hard, or gummy candy, and what's your favorite?
3. What TV show or movie has most impacted your life?
4. What non-domesticated animal would you like to have as a pet?
5. Tell us a fashion trend you want to see come back ASAP.
6. What is your favorite creative outlet?
7. I pay for your next vacation. Yay! Where are you going?
8. Who is the most important person in your life?
9. What's your favorite season and why?
10. Where do you go to feel inspired?

Thanks again to Alysha for nominating me :) Be sure to check her blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment